Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year's Resolutions Revisited




Last year I made a New Year's resolution to fill an empty jar with notes reminding myself of the good things that happened to me.  I was checking out the jar today and here are some of the events that were special.

~ I have been placed in a prayer note on the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem by C.

~ K called to let us know that Ricky's $5000-plus hospital bill has been cancelled!

~ Ricky has been walking without his cane or brace today.

~ A sent papers for me to correct.

~ I fell in the street at church but didn't break anything!

~ Wonderful trip to see the grandkids.

~ I sold over $130 worth of jewelry to one customer today!

~ I found the church keys!  Whew!

~ David survived a serious low blood sugar event.  Thank you Lord.

~ Someone complimented me AGAIN about how well organized my book shop is!

~ Ricky got his disability approved!  Thank you Lord.


These constituted about 6 months worth of notes.  I didn't finish the year as I had hoped but will begin again this year.  You should try it!  All you need is an empty jar, placed where you can see it as a reminder to write a little note to yourself.



No comments: