Friday, July 3, 2009

Not what I expected...



Today I had an appointment with my SD. I left my shop an hour early because it takes me about 40 minutes to reach my destination. As usual I was looking forward to seeing him and I had some things to talk about.

So I walked in and sat in my usual chair in the lobby to wait. I never know what the traffic is going to be like so I always plan for about 15 minutes leeway. Well, the clock struck three and there I sat. After about 10 more minutes, I decided to call his cell phone... such a long wait was very unusual. No answer... Finally I saw several people come along and I asked where Fr. J. was.


Someone paged him... no response. Someone called him on his cell phone... again, no response. They finally determined that he was not in the building.

Okay, so I asked if I could sit in the chapel for awhile... Of course, someone said...

So, I spent the rest of my hour there... and it was really a godsend because I rarely am able to sit and listen to what God might want to say to me. It was very peaceful and quiet in the chapel. It is not easy to do this at home... Even if I am in a quiet place at home, my thoughts seem to connect with things I have to do there. I become easily distracted...

But today in that chapel, I could be at peace.

No comments: